Home / Featured / PRO-7, militant groups gear up for legal battle
PRO-7, militant groups gear up for legal battle

PRO-7, militant groups gear up for legal battle

Chief Superintendent Debold Sinas, PRO -7 director, (center) says they are ready to face the complaints filed against him and other PRO-7 officials. | Morexette Marie B. Erram

CEBU CITY, Philippines — It’s going to be a legal battle between law enforcers and militant groups in Cebu. 

This after officials of the Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO – 7)  said they were ready to face the complaints filed against them by protesters at the Visayas Ombudsman over the tension that arose during the 33rd EDSA Anniversary protest held in front of PRO – 7 headquarters.

Read more: Cause-oriented groups file complaints against PRO-7 officials for playing loud music during EDSA day protest

“Basta naay kaso, well, tubagon,” said Chief Superintendent Debold Sinas, PRO-7 in a press briefing on Saturday, March 16.

Sinas also said that the police had already filed charges of damage to government property against 10 protestors whom they accused of destroying Camp Sergio Osmeña’s boom gate. 

Read more: PRO-7 to file cases against 70 protesters for damaging camp gat

“Nafilan na sila og kaso. Ang problema ani nila is if naa na mi warrant, dakpon namo sila,” he added. |dbs

Read Next

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

Click here for the original article.

Leave a Reply

[userpro template=view]